In an effort to engage, educate and inspire youth in philanthropy and begin a path to nonprofit leadership, the Little Light House has established a Junior Board. Through participation in this program, young people will be given the opportunity to learn leadership skills, gain understanding of how a nonprofit organization works and how to develop, promote and implement their ideas to further God’s kingdom.
- High School or College Students
- Belief in the mission of LLH and comfortable operating in a Christian faith-based environment and willing to adhere to LLH Biblical Principles
- Character traits: Self-starter, good communicator, teachable, reliable and punctual, compassionate, problem-solver, creative and has a positive attitude
GOALS FOR JUNIOR BOARD
- Build the skills and abilities of young people to be decision-makers and problem solvers
- Educate young people about the nonprofit sector
- Educate young people about working with children with special needs
- Introduce young adults to the nonprofit sector as a potential career option
- Introduce young adults to working for a Christian ministry all through creating and hosting an annual fundraiser
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Currently all positions are filled on our Junior Board for the 2017-2018 term.
- Applications for the 2018-2019 term will be posted here in March, 2018.
- Volunteer at our facility
- Look for our Summer Apprenticeship Enrollment on our website or Facebook in March, 2018.
2017 – 2018 JUNIOR BOARD MEMBERS
- Heidi Avery – Owasso
- Dajah Brooks – Cascia Hall
- Brooke Clay – Victory
- Elise Duffy – Bishop Kelly
- Shelby Flahive – Bishop Kelly
- Carter Harris – Booker T Washington
- Hailey Nelson – Jenks
- Madeline Payne – Bishop Kelly
- Laura Schwier – TCC
- Emma Scott – Oklahoma Connections Academy
- Anne Marie Stagg – Cascia Hall
- Emma Suter – Lincoln Christian
- Emma Tims – OSU
- Sarah Walter – Bishop Kelly
- Hannah Wendelbo – OSU