Nicole Flippo is a dedicated classroom volunteer that loves and inspires the blue class each week. We sat down with her to find out what drew her to the Little Light House and what she loves about volunteering. Learn more of her story below:
- How long have you been volunteering at LLH?
- About a year and a half. I started in January of 2013 and have been volunteering off and on since then.
- Why did you start volunteering at LLH?
- Every January, Cascia Hall, my high school, allows juniors and seniors to go off campus for volunteer work. I signed up to go to LLH and immediately fell in love.
- Favorite part?
- Praise & Worship, probably. I love watching all the kids get up and dance!
- Biggest challenge?
- I was really self-conscious at the beginning. It took awhile for me to get outside my box and allow myself to be silly.
- Has volunteering here changed your outlook on anything? If so, what/how?
- Before coming to LLH, I never really thought volunteering was for me. Once I got here, though, I realized that volunteering is easy when you’re working with an organization you believe in. Now I can’t help but think the best way to make an impact is to just focus on your passions.
- Would you recommend LLH to others in the community? If so, who and why?
- I would recommend LLH to anyone looking for a way to give back, but I think teenagers who maybe aren’t quite ready to give up playtime (like me) would really connect with the students.
Thanks for everything you do, Nicole! You are a gem and the Little Light House is blessed to have you!