All those who participate in the ongoing work and witness of The Little Light House shall be in agreement with this Statement of Faith. To qualify for membership on the Board of Directors and for positions on the regular staff, persons must support the following:
We Believe In:
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as originally given by divine inspiration are the Word of God, the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (II Timothy 3:16)
- One God existing eternally as a Trinity of persons: The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. (I John 5:4-6)
- Jesus Christ as God manifest in the flesh, His Immaculate Conception, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His divine miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His work as Mediator between God and man, and His personal return in power and glory to consummate God’s redemptive purpose. (I Corinthians 15:3 & 4, John 3:16)
- The salvation of lost and sinful man through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ by faith, apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 3:23 & 24)
- The Holy Spirit whose indwelling us as believers renews our hearts, persuades us to repent of our sins, confess Jesus as Lord, leads us to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven of our sins, and enables us to live a holy life to witness and work for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 3: 5 & 6, Philippians 1:6)
- The unity of the Spirit of all true believers, the church, the Body of Christ. (I Corinth.12:12-20)
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the righteous shall live and reign with him forever. (II Thess. 1:7-9)
As a body of believers, we recognize we must be committed individually and corporately to Biblical principles. The Little Light House has identified the following as a vital part of our corporate structure in order to keep Christ as the cornerstone, and to conduct our operations in a way that brings glory to God. Those who serve at LLH have been called to His ministry, and these Biblical Principles help us remain accountable as we are committed to living out God’s standards set forth in God’s Word, the Holy Bible.
We corporately agree we all fall short of the glory of God and operate by His grace and mercy. We also recognize we must rely on each other for encouragement, accountability and grace. (Romans 3:22-26)
- Purpose First and Foremost to Glorify God Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and Give glory to the Father in Heaven. Matthew 5:16
- Put God First Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
- Serve Only One MasterNo one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Matthew 6:24
- Trust Christ Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. Proverbs 3:5
- Pray Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- Believe for God’s Divine Provision My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- Expect Transformation And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
- Trust in Divine Timing Don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well developed. James 1:4
- Show Hospitality Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2
- Guard against Favoritism My brothers and sisters, you are believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. So treat everyone the same. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes. And suppose a poor man in worn-out clothes also comes in. Would you show special attention to the one who is wearing fine clothes? Would you say, “Here’s a good seat for you”? Would you say to the poor person, “You stand there”? or “Sit on the floor by my feet”? If you would, aren’t you treating some people better than others? Aren’t you like judges who have evil thoughts? My dear brothers and sisters, listen to me. Hasn’t God chosen those who are poor in the world’s eyes to be rich in faith? Hasn’t he chosen them to receive the kingdom? Hasn’t he promised it to those who love him?James 2:1-5
- Value all Children People were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they sternly ordered them not to do it. But Jesus called for them and said, “Let the little childrencome to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.Luke 18: 15-17
- Commit to Excellence But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also. 2 Corinthians 8:7
- Be Accountable Consequently, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Romans 14:12 (ISV)
- Plan God’s Way For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13
- Be Committed to Financial Freedom The rich rules over the poor and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7
- Be Committed to Christ-like Conduct and Lifestyle Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving togetherfor the faith of the gospel. Philippians 1:27
- See Purpose in a Death of a Vision Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. John 12:24
- Recognize God’s People are Called Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 1 Peter: 1:10
- Value Relationships If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church, and if he refuses to even listen to the church, treat him as you would a pagan, or a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17
- Be Committed to Servant Leadership But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Matthew 20:26-28 And you who are bosses, be good to your servants also. Do not talk loud, hard words to them. Remember that both their Lord and yours is in heaven. He does not love one person more than another. Ephesians 6:8
- Delegate Let the leaders decide the smaller matters themselves. They will help you carry the load, making the task easier for you. If you follow this advice, and if God commands you to do so, then you will be able to endure the pressures, and all these people will go home in peace. Exodus 18:14-23
- Submit to Authority Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; not with eye service, as men pleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; Ephesians 6:5-6
- Preserve Unity Fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Philippians 2:2
- Operate as One Body For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. Romans 12: 3-8
The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right. It is God’s way of making us well prepared at every point, fully equipped to do good to everyone. II Timothy 3:16-17
In order to accomplish our mission, it is vital that Little Light House staff and board members be totally devoted followers of Christ, committed to bringing glory to God both individually as well as corporately. As followers of Christ our lives are no longer ours to direct or live as we see fit. We have become as servants to all we encounter because this is the example that Christ has set. The ransom paid for our salvation demands we lay down our lives for one another. We are no longer to respond the way the world does. Our selfish, self-promoting, self-justification must be put aside. Christ has earned the right to govern our lives thru His sacrifice. We are now called to a life that lays down self for the Glory of our King. The world is watching closely to see if we really are any different than those without Christ.
The standard for our life has been established in His Word. It is simple to understand but difficult to walk out. That is the reason He has placed us in community. This is the place our purpose is revealed, our gifts developed and the fulfillment in our personal calling carried out. Other believers come along side us to lift us up, encourage, model, and when needed, discipline us in our walk. He has established authorities in our walk for protection and direction. The inability to submit to authority placed in our lives is the same as shaking your fist in God’s face and telling Him He is wrong! Maturity requires humility and results in fruits that honor Him.
The Little Light House requires the following Lifestyle Commitment based on biblically sound practices, consistent with the teachings of Christ. All in the LLH ministry are held accountable to these standards and there will be no tolerance to willful rejection of the standards set forth. These principles, as with all the Lord establishes, are for individual as well as corporate benefit. We are called apart, to be a light that shows a better, higher calling to this life. The following conduct standards are requisite to employment in this ministry.
1. A commitment to seeking God’s will for our lives and choose to do what is right through prayer, Bible study, and wise godly counsel and a commitment to yielding our lives, hearts and souls to the power of the Holy Spirit relying on His leading for the day to day direction and activities of our lives.
For I know the plans I have for you say the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. And in those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find me, when you seek me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13
Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence and do not take your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:10-11
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere. Acts 1:8 NLT
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. 1 John 2:20
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…but as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15
2. A commitment to exemplify Christ-like character in the way we live our lives both personally and vocationally.
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy”. 1 Peter 1: 13-16
3. A commitment to faithfully developing the gifts and abilities God has given us as members of the body of Christ, and a commitment to using our God given gifts and talents for His kingdom and to His glory.
We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all. However, he has given each one of us a special gift according to the generosity of Christ.” Ephesians 4:4-7
4. A commitment to treating our bodies as temples of God and therefore a commitment to good health habits and setting our mind on things that are good. This commitment causes us to refrain from the excessive use of any addictive substance including but not limited to alcohol, tobacco, over the counter medication or prescriptive drugs. We recognize that the Bible tells us that anything done in excess can be harmful, we are therefore committed to healthy physical, spiritual, mental living habits doing all things in moderation.
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Romans 12:1
Or don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9
5. A commitment to abstaining from any conduct which would even give the appearance of immoral activity such as adultery, homosexuality, sex outside of marriage, lust and/or pornography.
Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22
Run away from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Or don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
6. A commitment to abstaining from activities, attitudes or conduct implicitly forbidden in the Word of God, the Holy Bible. This includes but is not limited to witchcraft, coveting, sorcery which includes horoscopes, lying, deception, divisiveness, idol worship, conceit, self-centeredness, insubordination, immodest dress and gambling.
So I advise you to live according to your new life in the Holy Spirit. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. The old sinful nature loves to do evil, which is just opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, and your choices are never free from this conflict. But when you are directed by the Holy Spirit, you are no longer subject to the law.
When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Galatians 5:16-21
7. A commitment to abstaining from activities which could give the appearance of involvement in conduct prohibited by the Word of God, The Holy Bible. This would include frequenting of casinos, night clubs, Bars, X rated movies or adult films and adult bookstores which carry X rated materials.
You see, this is what can happen: Weak Christians who think it is wrong to eat this food will see you eating in the temple of an idol. You know there’s nothing wrong with it, but they will be encouraged to violate their conscience by eating food that has been dedicated to the idol.So because of your superior knowledge, a weak Christian, for whom Christ died, will be destroyed. And you are sinning against Christ when you sin against other Christians by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong. If what I eat is going to make another Christian sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live—for I don’t want to make another Christian stumble. 1 Corinthians 8:11-13
8. A commitment to choose our words to uplift and encourage our peers and those we work with and others who are involved in our lives. This commitment prompts us to abstain from foul language, lying, gossiping, grumbling/complaining, whining, or sowing discord of any kind and go directly to another person with a grievance, privately.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, oh Lord, my Strengthand my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt so you will know how to answer everyone.Colossians 4:6
Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may be blameless and innocent, God’s children without any faults among a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine like stars in the world as you hold firmly to the word of life. Philippians 2:14-16
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. Exodus 20:16
Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceit. Proverbs 34:15
…for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. Matthew 10:26
But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every empty word they have spoken. Matthew 12:26
If your brother sins against you, go, show him his fault between you and him alone: if he hears you, you have gained your bother. But if he will not hear, take one or two more, that at the mouth of two witnesses or three every word may be established. Matthew 18:15-16
9. A commitment to submitting ourselves to respecting one another as well as the leadership of the Little Light House and consistently demonstrating respect God’s ability to work through those in authority as directed in the Holy Bible.
Obey those who rule over you and be submissive for they watch out for your souls as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief for that would be unprofitable for you. Hebrews 13:17
Let every soul be subject to governing authorities for there is no authority except from God and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore, whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God and those who resist bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1, 2
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5:13
10. A commitment to grow spiritually and because of our desire to do so, we are committed to being a part of a body of believers and attending church and/or a Bible study on a weekly basis and spending time in prayer and God’s Word on a daily basis.
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful apart from me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5
11. A commitment to maintain professionalism at all times and take responsibility for the tasks required of you, even when it falls outside your job description.
Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Philippians 1:27
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
12. God first, family second, work third.
You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind, or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to it, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. Deut. 5:8-9
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied their faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Timothy 5:8