Thank you for your interest in employment at Little Light House. We are a Christian ministry whose mission is to glorify God by improving the quality of life for children with special needs, their families, and communities in Tulsa, in our country and throughout the world.
God uses others who value children with special needs and who love our model of ministry, to support us. Little Light House would not exist without the very generous and faithful support of the community. The funding for this ministry comes from the Lord through numerous means, such as individuals, churches, corporations, and private grants. All services are provided tuition-free to the students and their families. We honor God’s love for and value of children with special needs by providing them early intervention up to age six, as well as support for their family. We do this primarily through a developmentally rich classroom experience for each child, combining God’s love with the innovation and best practices of our educational and therapeutic team.
Our vision is to change paradigms for children with special needs throughout the world! We are doing this by following Biblical principles and actively engaging and training volunteers, donors, college and career students, our Little Light House Affiliates, Friends of LLH, and numerous international contacts and interns. At every opportunity, we are inviting people into the extended LLH Family to help children with special needs to thrive. We embrace growth and the expanse of our influence; our children deserve this. It is part of being a light; the Little Light House.
Below you will find the Employment Application. All individuals who feel called by our Lord to employment at LLH are welcome to apply. All applications will be reviewed and acknowledged. However, interviews are generally held only if there is an appropriate position opening. Other applications will be kept on file for future consideration.
The application process is as follows:
– The applicant completes an application and submits it either through our website, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax (918) 664-2293, or by mail: Little Light House, 5120 East 36th Street, Tulsa, OK 74135.
– The application is reviewed, and if appropriate, the individual is called for an interview.
– The first interview is conducted by the Director of the appropriate department.
– During the initial interview, in addition to the verbal interview, the applicant will:
– Be given a tour of LLH.
– Be given a copy of the book, Milestones and Miracles, which tells the story of the LLH. This is available in print or on CD.
– As appropriate, the applicant will be asked to return for a second interview with the Executive Director and the Director of HR. Before this interview, it is required that the applicant have read or listened to the entire book, Milestone and Miracles.
– The applicant will be informed of a final decision regarding hiring within a reasonable length of time (2-3 weeks).