Thank you for your interest in employment at the Little Light House. Our Mission Statement is to “Glorify God by improving the quality of life for children with special needs, their families and communities”. To accomplish this mission, we rely on individuals committed to serving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior with the talents, knowledge, and wisdom He has given them.
The funding for this ministry comes from the Lord through numerous means, such as individuals, churches, corporations, and private grants. All services are provided tuition-free to the students and their families. No government funds or third party reimbursements, such as insurance companies, are accepted, and LLH is not a United Way agency. This unique funding source places a great deal of responsibility on the Little Light House to make the best use of the financial gifts received. Therefore, it is imperative that all employees understand the mission, standards, and commitment required for LLH cooperatively, and as individuals. It is requested that all applicants review LLH website at www.littlelighthouse.org and watch the video about our story before filling out the application or coming for the first interview.
Attached you will find the Employment Application, Commitment to Biblical Standards, and a Background Check form. The application needs to be filled out completely and a signature showing that you have read and understand our Commitment to Biblical Standards as a 24-hour a day lifestyle agreement to be considered for an interview. All individuals who feel called by our Lord to employment at LLH are welcome to apply. All applications will be reviewed and acknowledged, however interviews are generally held only if there is an appropriate position opening. Other applications will be kept on file for future consideration.
The interview process is as follows:
- The interested person reviews the entire LLH website, www.littlelighthouse.org.
- The applicant completes an application and submits it either by email, to email@example.com, by fax (918) 664-2293, or by mail: Little Light House, 5120 East 36th Street, Tulsa, OK 74135.
- The application is reviewed, and if appropriate, the individual is called for an interview.
- The first interview is conducted by the Director of the appropriate department.
- During the initial interview, in addition to the verbal interview, the applicant will:
- Be given a tour of LLH.
- Be given a copy of the book, Milestones and Miracles, which tells the story of the LLH. This is available in print or on CD.
- As appropriate, the applicant will be asked to return for a second interview with the Executive Director and the Director of HR. Before this interview, it is required that the applicant have read or listened to the entire book, Milestone and Miracles.
- The applicant will be informed of a final decision regarding hiring within a reasonable length of time (2-3 weeks).